It is God’s calling and one of major goals of Living Water Bible Church in San Diego to raise our next generation by helping families to lead youth/children and their parents into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. In order to help youth and children to commit themselves fully to Christ and establish their identity as children of God, LWBC is seeking a full-time Youth and Children’s Minister. If qualified and interested in serving in youth and children’s ministries within a growing community with Chinese and English congregations, please send a cover letter and resume to SearchCommittee@lwbcsd.org.
1. Must be a mature, Spirit-filled Christians who possess an intense love for Christ
2. Has a clear calling from God in ministering youth and children
3. Passion and desire to serve both youth and children ministries and willing to take the ministry directly to the whole family
4. Willing to submit to biblical principles and LWBC’s vision and core values
5. Exemplary integrity and congruence between their faith, love for Christ and His kingdom, and their own personal lives
6. Trained and experienced in youth and/or children’s ministry
7. Gifted in teaching, interpersonal relationship, leadership and organizational skills
8. In addition to preaching ability or other gifts, he/she must be a person of exceptional character, endowed with spiritual fruit, devoted to prayer and study of God’s Word.
9. Demonstrated ability to work with a team of coworkers and parents
10. Understanding of his/her ministry/personal strengths and weaknesses
11. Has the support from his/her spouse or family members
12. Willing to work in a cross-cultural setting (mostly Chinese American)
13. Fluent in English is necessary, Mandarin is preferred
14. Demonstrated excellent communication skills to share ministry vision and needs with Pastors, core coworkers, volunteers, parents, youth, children, and the community
1. Attend regular Deacon Board meetings and report to the church’s Joint Leadership Team
2. Collaborate with church leaders including English/Youth Pastor in casting vision and strategy for youth and children’s ministries
3. Develop strong ministries through establishment of a proactive parenting program (discipleship for children through family), as well as recruiting, training, inspiring, motivating, and supporting volunteers and leaders.
4. Communicate ministry updates frequently to parents, and explain how the ministries relate to the entire church
5. Direct the entire children’s ministry, including Friday night TeamKID program and children’s Sunday School
6. Take leadership in Friday night youth ministry and youth Sunday School ministry
7. Regularly evaluate curriculum/teaching materials, set up goals, and plan events for youth and children’s ministries
8. Meet regularly with the ministry leaders of Sunday School, parent coordinator and youth advisors to discuss recent trends and future growth
9. Co-work with English and Chinese congregations in the preparation of annual short-term mission trip
10. Provide regular supervision as well as training, development, and shepherd/care for coworkers and youth leaders
11. Network and collaborate with sister church’s youth and children’s ministries
12. Co-work with English and Chinese congregations for the wellbeing of youth and children’s ministries.